I'm pretty happy with how many of them I accomplished - though there's plenty of room for new and continued resolutions for 2014!
- Goodreads Reading Challenge for 2013: I did really well on this one: my goal was 140 books, and I completed 170. You can see the titles here.
- New-to-me books: My goal was 52 first-time reads this year. (I had gotten into a habit of re-reading a lot of old favorites, and wanted to push myself to read more new books.) I blew this one away, reading 110 new books.
- New-to-me authors: I wanted to read 20 authors I hadn't read before, and I managed 38 new authors, including a number whom I look forward to following in the future: Bee Ridgeway, Neil Gaiman, Naomi Novik, Shana Abe, Marissa Meyer, Gail Carriger, Kevin Hearne, Karen Amanda Hooper, Jennifer Harlowe, Lisa Van Allen, Charles Finch, Jenn McKinlay, Victoria Hamilton, Cathy Ace...
- Nonfiction: I read nonfiction for my job (indexing books), so I don't read much nonfiction for pleasure. My goal for the year (excluding indexing projects) was 12 books for the year. I didn't make that goal, reading only 7 nonfiction books, including one self-help book.
- More Fantasy: That was a rather nebulous goal, but I did in fact read more fantasy authors than I have in the last few years, and discovered some new authors, so I count this a win.
- Specific books: I only managed to get around to three of the books and series I specifically named: Cinder, The Wise Man's Fear, and Naomi Novik's Temeraire series -- all of which I loved. I still want to read some of the others, so I'll put them on my 2014 goals.
Blogging Goals:My blogging goals were to blog more consistently and to update the blog design, and I accomplished both. While I'm still not as consistent as I'd like to be, I blogged a lot more this year than last year. And I gave the blog a new design -- though I will probably update and revise it again this coming year.
Stay tuned for next year's goals! And have a safe and happy New Year's Eve!